- Latin Name: Tetramorium caespitum
- Length: 2.5-4mm
- Color: Dark brown to blackish
How to get rid of pavement ants?
To get a pest problem under control, inspection is the first and foremost step. pavement ants are an introduced species in the United States that are commonly encountered house-infesting ants. They have a distribution from New England to the Midwest, and even south through the Mid-Atlantic states. Most colonies are found under large rocks, sidewalks, or building slabs. They are able to gain entry into buildings through cracks in the foundation walls and interior slabs. You may see sand piles and soil particles in structures near cracks in the concrete where the ants deposit debris from excavated nests.
Pavement Ant Pest Control
- Treating the exterior foundation, doorways, windowsills, and common entry points.
- Treating the interior structure, reaching every baseboard, pipes/conduits leading into slabs, and around heat register boots.
- Treating basements, wall void spaces, and crawl spaces as needed.
- Treating basements, wall void spaces, attics, and crawl spaces as needed.